Glossary of Terms

⇐ Back

Endsheets / Ends / Endpapers

In a casebound/hardcover book, the ends are the pages pasted before and after the text, which are used to hold the book block to the case. The endsheets are usually a paper stock that is thicker and stronger than the text stock in order to bear the weight of the book block when glued to the caseside, and it is recommended to use a woodfree (uncoated) paper for best results.