Glossary of Terms

⇐ Back


To press an area or pattern with a die so that it is depressed below the surface. The opposite of emboss where the image is raised above the paper surface. Debossing is commonly done on hardcover books (such as on a paper-laminated casewrap or a cloth casewrap), boxes, slipcases, and clamshells.